Friday, August 14, 2009

Funkin it up Friday's

So I think since I have been slacking on the updates I will have to create a strict blogging regimen. I know that's really bad on my part, but I really want to stay dedicated to this blog and becoming involved in the blogging world.

With that being said every Friday I will feature an artist...some new and some oldies but goodies.

This week's artist is the very talented Bobby Caldwell. He is best known for his song "What you won't do for love" This song is such a complex yet simple ballad created by one of the well known artists known by their Blue Eyed Soul.

The track featured below is one that was made famous by Common and then sampled again by Dwele.



This track has been sampled by some of the best.

  • Aaliyah's "Age Ain't Nothin' But a Number" (samples "What You Won't Do for Love")
  • Da Brat and Mariah Carey's "Gotta Thing 4 You" (samples the chorus of "What You Won't Do for Love")
  • 2Pac's "Can I Get Your Number", "What I Won't Do For Love (Unreleased)" "Do for Love"(Posthumous) and "Heaven Ain't Hard 2 Find" (sample "What You Won't Do for Love")
  • Tatyana Ali's "Boy You Knock Me Out" (samples "What You Won't Do for Love") On Kiss The Sky (1998)
  • Common's "The Light" (samples "Open Your Eyes")
  • Notorious B.I.G.'s "Sky the Limit" (samples "My Flame")
  • Portrait's "heartstrings" (samples "My Flame")
  • The Luniz's "Playa Hata" (samples "What You Wont' Do for Love")
  • Guru (rapper)'s "Something in the Past" (samples "What You Wont' Do for Love")
  • Esham's "24/7" (samples "What You Wont' Do for Love")
  • Raheem DeVaughn and DJ Jazzy Jeff's "My Soul Ain't for Sale" (samples "What You Won't Do for Love")
  • Goldie's "What You Won't Do for Love" is a drum & bass re-working of "What you Won't Do for Love"
  • Mona Lisa's "Jus Wanna Please U" (samples "What You Won't Do For Love")
  • Medaphoar's "Can't Hold On" (samples "Carry On")
  • Gym Class Heroes "Viva La White Girl" (references "What You Won't Do For Love")
  • Kool G Rap "Blowin' Up in the World" (samples "What You Won't Do For Love")
  • Master P featuring Steady Mobb'n's "If I Could Change" (samples "what you won't do for love") in 1997.


Please feel free to let me know about any requests.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008