Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mayer Hawthorne : So Ready For This...

Album to drop this week! I have been patiently waiting ever since I heard Maybe So, Maybe No. Seriously I have not anticipated a new artist like this in a very long time.  The saying you can't judge a book by its covers is so true in this case because when you hear his voice it sounds like its coming straight from someone on the Motown label that could possibly resemble Marvin Gaye or Sam Cooke. In actuality he hails from Ann Arbor Michigan and could have easily been a cast member from Revenge of the Nerds. Maybe this is why I feeling this so much at the moment...possibly the best of both worlds. If you don't know about him check out the link below. His album drops this week and I'm so ready for it.

 

2 comments:

Guest,  September 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Did you know he originally is a hip hop DJ and this act was kinda of a joke first?

Emah 4482,  September 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

No, I had no clue. I'm ust really feeling his stuff at the moment.Thanks for the info.

  © Blogger templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008